- To act as a center for offering quality training for teaching faculties in the field of science and technology as well as the recent developments of other frontier areas.
- To provide an advanced learning for the college lecturers on the recent developments in S&T.
- To design an efficient instructional system and strategies in science and technology as well as offer a specialized training to meet the changing needs of curriculum and improve the skill development.
- To develop state of the art content generation center for production of multimedia learning materials.
- To develop and disseminate learning resources like training and laboratory manuals, video tutorials, Computer Assisted Instructional Multimedia Packages to colleges and universities for students and research scholars.
- To collaborate with Community and Industry in organizing continuing and non-formal educational programs and providing extension and consultancy services
The proposed training the trainers center will have training hall, content generation center, laboratory and hostel facilities.
- Training Hall ; The training hall with a capacity of 120 people is coming up in main office complex of KSTA at Yelahanka. The training hall will be provided with all the latest ICT facilities.
- Hostel Facility ; A good hostel facility is being developed for residential training of trainers of colleges, universities, engineering college faculties and research scholars.
- Laboratory Facilities in New, Advanced and Frontier areas of S&T : With the evolution of science and technology, things have changed from macro to micro level, along with the portability and compatibility. Trainers will be provided training on the frontier areas of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Climate and Atmospheric Sciences and Geo-Informatics.