Call for Application: Closed
Next Announcement: June 01, 2024
In order to encourage writing and publication of books in Kannada in the in the fields of science, technology, agriculture and medicine, the KSTA has instituted the scheme of Best Book Awards.
- The biennial awards in each of the above four categories will be conferred on selected authors, with felicitation, cash price of Rs 25,000/- and Certificate.
- The announcement of awards shall be placed on the KSTA website and in the month of August. Interested authors shall submit four copies of their published books in the areas of Science, Technology, Agriculture and Medicine, along with the prescribed application.
- An Expert Committee will scrutinise the entries and forward the list of best books in each category to the Executive Committee by ensuing January of the concerned year. The announcement of the awards shall be placed on the KSTA website and awards distributed at the KSTA Annual Conference
- Books published during the last two years may be submitted for the Awards (January 01, 2021 to December 31, 2022)
- Books related to curriculum of Secondary School, PUC, Degree, PG or any other courses will not be considered
- Maximum of two books may be submitted by an author in one field and Authors who have been previously awarded by KSTA in any field will not be considered
- Authors who have been previously awarded with best writer award by KSTA in any field will not be considered for the Award.
- Person who have criminal background/ convicted /any other ill legal activities will not be considered for the award.
- Any attempt to bring influence to show favor will be deemed as disqualification and the book of such person will be rejected without any intimation.
How to apply
Send 4 copies of the book along with the application to KSTA before the last date