- An accomplished senior scientist/technologist of Karnataka origin will be honoured in the Annual KSTA Conference in recognition of her/his outstanding contributions to the field of STEAM. The selected scientist/technologist will be honoured with a gold medal, Rs 2.00 lakh cash and a citation along with felicitation in the inaugural function of the KSTA Annual Conference.
- The Awardee shall be invited for the Annual Conference and provided with domestic economy class airfare or First Class rail fare as required and accommodation during the Conference. She/He shall also deliver a talk at the inaugural session of the Conference.
- Nominee shall be a senior scientist/technocrat who has attained the age of 60 years and beyond, and has made significant original contributions in the area of STEAM throughout her/his career and service, spanning for a period of at least 20 years.
- Nominee will be of Karnataka origin, by birth or domicile or service. She or he may be residing anywhere else in India or abroad at the time of nomination for the said award.
Criteria for Nomination/Award
- Nominee should have made significant and consistent contributions to her/his area of specialization under STEAM (basic and/or applied fields), as evidenced by scholarly research publications in peer-reviewed journals, review articles, written and/or edited books printed and published by reputed organizations, and/or has received patent licensure from recognised authorities
- Additionally, the Nominee should have made significant contribution/s to the development and/or understanding of issues under STEAM, including imparting training and mentoring of younger scholars, and reaching out need-based and innovative solutions, for the benefit of the Society
- The number of such awards shall be restricted to One per year. However, under exceptional situations, where two nominees in the same domain of STEAM and or specialization within a subject have comparable credentials qualifying for the award, as determined by the Awards and Fellowships Selection Committee and the EC of KSTA, the number of awards for that particular year may be increased to TWO, and the monitory value of the award may be disbursed equally between the two awardees
- The award shall be conferred only once to a person and no posthumous awards are to be considered
- The award shall not normally be conferred on those who have already received a similar lifetime award as instituted by the Karnataka Government or another organization with similar objectives as KSTA, and funded by the Government of Karnataka
- Nominations : Closed for the year 2020-21
- Call for Nominations will be announced in the month of June 2021
Nomination Form (available after the announcement)
Lifetime Achievement Awardee 2018-’19
Dr. B. V. Sreekantan
KSTA Lifetime Achievement Awardees
Prof. U R Rao and Prof. C N R Rao
Prof. Roddam Narasimha
Prof. R Dwarakinath
Dr. V Prakash
Dr. P S Shankar
Prof. H Sharatchandra
Dr. V K Aatre
Dr. B. N. Suresh
Dr. A S Kiran Kumar
Dr. S K Shivakumar
Dr. B V Sreekantan