- An accomplished senior Science communicator in Kannada will be honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award in STEAM in Kannada at the KSTA Kannada Science and Technology Conference for her/his outstanding contribution in popularising STEAM in Kannada. The selected Awardee will be honoured with a gold medal, Rs 1.00 lakh cash and a citation along with felicitation in the inaugural function of the KSTA Conference.
- The Awardee shall be invited for the KSTA Kannada Science and Technology Conference and provided with domestic economy class airfare or First Class rail fare as required and accommodation during the Conference. She/he shall also deliver a talk at the inaugural session of the Conference.
- Nominee shall be a senior communicator/journalist/Editor/scientist/technocrat who has attained the age of 60 years and beyond, and has made significant contributions in the area of STEAM communications in Kannada, throughout her/his career and/or service/life time, spanning for a period of at least 20 years.
- Nominee will be of Karnataka origin, by birth or domicile or service. She or he may be residing anywhere else in India or abroad at the time of nomination for the said award.
Criteria for Nomination/Award
- Nominee must have demonstrated a consistent track record of significant and original Science/technology communication in Kannada, in the area of STEAM, as evidenced by published works and/or translated publications related to any branch of STEAM from other languages to Kannada, to promote Scientific temperament/understanding/ training and applications to societal issues
- Deserving communications in Kannada through digital/audio-visual and non-formal media will also be recognised and encouraged for the award
- The number of such awards shall be restricted to One per year. However, under exceptional situations, where two nominees in the same domain of STEAM communication and or specialization within a subject have comparable credentials qualifying for the award, as determined by the Awards and Fellowships Selection Committee and the EC of KSTA, the number of awards for that particular year may be increased to Two, and the monitory value of the award may be disbursed equally between the two awardees
- The award shall be conferred only once to a person and no posthumous awards are to be considered
- The award shall not normally be conferred on those who have already received a similar lifetime award as instituted by the Government of Karnataka or another organization with similar objectives as KSTA, and funded by the Government of Karnataka
- The announcement of awards shall be placed on the KSTA website and as a news item in leading newspaper in the month of June every year. Nominations/ applications should be made in one month’s time from the date of announcement
- Nominations should be made by January 28, 2021
- Nominations should be sent to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lifetime Achievement Awardee 2018-’19
Dr. H. R. Krishnamurthy
Renowned science writer / Former Additional Director General, Akashavani