- To provide facilities to nurture new ideas and help develop inquisitive perspective in students and youth of today through innovative and creative activities.
- To serve as springboards for new ideas and innovation and thus helping the society and economy to face future challenges and meet rising aspirations of the growing population.
- To embedding such creative pedagogies in science education.
- Discovery Zone : This area will have 10 to 15 interactive science exhibits/experiments to create excitement about science through exploration and discovery of underlying principles. This will help promote logical thinking.
- Innovation Resource Center and Hall of Fame: This space will showcase innovative ideas/products/implements that have transformed our world or have made significant impact on the way we conduct our lives along with respective inventors & innovators.
- Science Lab for Experiments: A lab space to carry out experiments for students studying at different levels to understand scientific concepts will be set-up.
- Idea Lab: This lab will have necessary basic facilities to pursue creative and innovative hobbies/activities that involve model making, basic science experimentation, design & fabrication of useful gadgets of practical use, teaching/learning kits or aids for better classroom transactions, testing of samples like soil, water, food items etc.
- Sci-Tech Photo Gallery: Photographs and paintings depicting history of science, major discoveries, eminent scientists & their inventions, astronomy etc. will be showcased in the gallery.
- Scientific Models in Outdoor Science Park: The interactive nature of the exhibits and models on different science subjects such as mechanics, gravity, optics, levers and pulleys, swings that act as pendulums, persistence of vision etc., will enable children to love to play with curiosity and understand the working principles of the exhibits on “hands-on; mind-on concept”. It is proposed to include following models in the outdoor park:
- Medicinal Herbs Garden and Aquarium: Medicinal herbs are being used ever since humans have been on the earth, as medicines, perfumes, insect repellents and food and flavoring. This huge group of plants includes trees, shrubs, annuals and even cacti, to name but a few. Hence, a small medicinal herbs garden will be developed to provide information about endangered, rare and threatened native plants as well as their medicinal importance in treating a variety of ills.