The Google Science Fair is an online science and engineering competition open to students ages 13 to 18 from around the globe. The main aim is to encourages the students to change the world through scientific inquiry and problem solving.
How to Enter the Competition: Through online submission of one entry either as an individual or as part of a group comprised of up to three persons. Entrants can select one of the following topics as a main topic and up to two sub topics for their Entry:
- Flora & Fauna
- Food Science
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Inventions & Innovation
- Electricity & Electronics
- Behavioral & Social Sciences
- Energy & Space
- Computer Science & Math
- Scientific American Innovator Award
- The National Geographic Explorer Award
- The LEGO Education Builder Award
- The Virgin Galactic Pioneer Award
One Finalist from the Category Awards will be determined as the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will not receive a Category Award in addition to the Grand Prize, but the Grand Prize Winner will remain eligible to win a Community Impact Award.
Additional Awards (these awards are independent of Category Awards):
- Community Impact Award
- The Inspiring Educator Award
- The Inspiring Educator Award recognizes an educator who has inspired students to participate in the Science Fair Competition.